￼Brampton Flying Club – Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Our commitment on accessibility
The Brampton Flying Club will be providing services and programs that people with disabilities can use and benefit from equally and in a manner that respects their dignity and independence.
Our policy is based on:
- respect for the dignity and independence of people with disabilities
- equal opportunity for people with disabilities to access, use and benefit from our services or programs with the same quality and timeliness that others receive
- service integration in relation to services provided to the broader public, unless alternative ways of providing the service or program are necessary for equal opportunity
Our staff will be trained in how to provide accessible customer service and on the requirements of our accessibility policies.
Customer service policies
Information and Communication
When communicating or providing information or services to a person with a disability, we will do so in a manner that takes the person’s disability into account.
Accessible Formats and Communications Supports
If a person with a disability needs an accessible format, or help to communicate with us, we will work with the person to provide the format or support that will meet their needs — at no additional cost to them.
If we are not able to meet the person’s particular requirement in a reasonable timeframe, we will inform them and will work with them to determine an alternate method or will provide a summary of the information.
We will inform our customers of the choices available for them to give feedback.
Feedback may be provided:
- in person
- by telephone/TTY
- in writing
- by email or
- by any other communication technology as required
If customers with disabilities would prefer to give their feedback, and receive a response to it, using an alternate method than the one offered, they may request it.
Accessibility Plan and Policies for The Brampton Flying Club
This 2014 Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that The Brampton Flying Club will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
The Brampton Flying Club is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
The Brampton Flying Club is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
The Brampton Flying Club will provide training to employees on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of the employees.
The Brampton Flying Club will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s Accessible Laws by January 1, 2015:
- Have all new employees read through the training material and sign to confirm.
- Have all employees read through the training material and sign to confirm on an annual basis.
Information and Communication
The Brampton Flying Club is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult, when necessary, with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
The Brampton Flying Club will take the following steps to make all new website content to conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014.
- Post the Accessibility Policy on our website
- Update any changed made to the policy on the website
- Make the policy available to anyone upon request
The Brampton Flying Club will take the following steps to ensure existing Feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request through our SMS Reporting System as well as:
- In Person
- By Telephone
- By Email
- Or any other form of communication.
The Brampton Flying Club will take the following steps to make sure all policies regarding Accessibility for people with disabilities by January 1, 2016:
- Have any updated copies of our policy available upon request
- Review the policy on an annual basis.
The Brampton Flying Club will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA by January 1, 2021.
- Provide alternatives for people with disabilities to use the website
The Brampton Flying Club is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, The Brampton Flying Club will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- State in all job postings that accommodations will be made available for people with disabilities.
- Offer different alternatives for job postings rather than just through email and our website.
The Brampton Flying Club will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- Send out an email to all employees asking if individual accommodation is needed for emergency procedures.
- Consult with employees with a disability what steps need to be taken to remove any barriers they might experience.
- Offer all employees who have returned from work due to a disability with a job opportunity that is more accessible to them.
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if The Brampton Flying Club is using performance management, career development, and redeployment processes.
- Consider employees with disabilities in regards to accessibility needs
- Consider employees with disabilities in regards to individual accommodation plans.
The Brampton Flying Club will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- Consult with employees with disabilities about what barriers they face
- Take suggestions and feedback from customers about barriers they face
- Keep the policy up to date with any changes that are made regarding barriers.
- Develop a document for any individual accommodation plans for employees
- Provide individualized safety procedures for employees who need it
Design of Public Spaces
The Brampton Flying Club will meet the accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces, which include:
- Outdoor public eating areas such as picnic areas
- Service-related elements like service counters, and waiting areas