Light Up the Runway – August 2nd, 2018
We would like to invite you to join us on Thursday, August 2, 2018 for our 5th Annual Light Up The Runway Walk. 100% of the proceeds raised will go towards the Bethell Hospice located in Inglewood. Last year the event raised over $25,000, help us top $30,000 this year! Further information about this initiative is provided below.
Please note: You do not have to be fit to participate in this event. It is merely a night to come out, make new friends and have fun under the stars.
Participants 14 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a participating adult. Participants between the ages of 15-18 must have a waiver signed by a consenting adult that you are allowed to participate.
100% of the funds raised will go to the Bethell Hospice.
If you do not wish to attend the event, we encourage you to make a donation or purchase a candle to help raise money for a great cause!
BFC is supporting Bethell Hospice because:
- It is the only residential hospice serving Caledon, Brampton, Dufferin County and West Woodbridge, offering residential palliative care since 2010 and community palliative care since 1991.
- There are no fees to stay at Bethell Hospice or to participate in any of their Community Care Programs, and no one is ever denied care due to financial situation.
- Bethell Hospice provides the right support at the right time, in a more peaceful and less costly environment than hospital care.
- Bethell Hospice Residence is a warm and caring alternative to both hospital and home, when care at home is no longer practical. When care at home is possible, Bethell Hospice Community Programs provide support.
- Bethell Hospice’s operating budget follows the model set out by the Hospice & Palliative Care Association of Ontario and endorsed by the Ministry of Health & Long Term Care.
- 60% of the $1.7million operating budget is provided through government funding through the Ministry of Health & Long Term Care via the Central West LHIN and the Central West CCAC. The remaining 40% must be raised annually through the generosity of donors (approximately $700,000).
For more information please contact Daphne Parsons at [email protected]