BFC is preparing for when we re-open. Please click the following link to view our new Post Re-Opening Procedures – Members update May 26, 2020.
With growing global concerns around COVID-19 (“coronavirus”), we wanted to provide you with an update on our response to date and our commitment to you moving forward. The health, safety and well-being of our members, associates and employees is of the utmost importance to us, we are following the lead of Canadian public health authorities at this important time.
Due to the Provincial order on Mar 23rd (updated on Apr 3rd) regarding the closure of non-essential workplaces, the Brampton Flight Centre continues to stay closed for flight operations, training, restaurant and the pilot shop. We have maintained a skeleton staff to keep the airport operating and to do many of the required administrative functions on a part-time basis and to keep our maintenance department and fueling services open.
- We will only have one person on Flightline who will be doing airport maintenance most of the time. However, he will have a handheld radio with him at all times so we ask that you call Flightline on Unicom, 123.3, when you need fuel and please be patient if we’re not at the fuel pump immediately.
- Please maintain your social distancing while you are being refueled.
- If you are looking to purchase fuel outside the limited hours, there will be an extra call out fee of $50. You will need to email Dan at [email protected] to make arrangements for after-hours refueling.
- There is still plenty of fuel in our fuel tanks. Based on customer demand, we will evaluate if it makes sense from a cash flow point of view to purchase additional fuel before we run out.
- Seminars will be made available online periodically.
- Flight Training has stopped until further notice but Flight Training Admin is available for inquiries or further assistance.
- BFC Restaurant Café is closed.
- Humphrey’s Pilot Shop is closed however online orders are still being monitored
- Ground schools are cancelled until further notice
- Tours and Classroom reservations are cancelled until May 13, 2020.
- BFC will greatly limit staff on-site and have asked staff not needing to be at the Club to work from home
- We will not be accepting new members at this time.
- We will have a skeleton staff working to keep up with tie down, hangar rentals, payables, receivables, inquiries and airport maintenance.
- Wings Banquet graduation ceremony has been rescheduled to August 29, 2020.
- Our Empowering Women to Fly event has been cancelled for 2020.
- The Airport will still be open.
We will make updates with any new changes that are made. If you require assistance, please contact [email protected]
Thank you for your patience and understanding.