G1000 eLearning Course
Garmin G1000 for Piston Aircraft eLearning Module
The Garmin G1000 eLearning module is provided through Brampton’s working relationship with FlightSafety International. FlightSafety is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight displays to commercial, government and military organizations.
The Garmin G1000 makes flying more efficient and is the most desired glass-cockpit avionics in the general aviation community. This interactive course allows you to gain knowledge of the G1000 from any computer with an internet connection. It is structured into a number of topics and taught with foundational knowledge-based and interactive, scenario-based instructional styles throughout the entire course which makes learning easy and exciting!
This knowledge can be applied to the G1000 found in some of the most widely used piston and single-engine aircraft such as:
- Beech Bonanza G36, Baron G58
- Skyhawk 172R, 172S, 172SP
- Corvalis 350, 400
- Columbia 350, 400
- Stationair 206H, Stationair T206H
- Diamond Star DA40 and DA40F and Twin Star DA42
- Mooney M20R Ovation2 GX, M20M Bravo GX, M20TN Acclaim
- Piper Saratoga PA32
- Tiger AG-5B
This course also covers the basic G1000 functions for the non-piston Quest Kodiak 100 and Socata TBM 850.
FlightSafety’s G1000 course offers you a hands-on approach to understanding and programming the device. You are introduced and walked through each part/element of the G1000 to help you understand how to use the various components. Apply this new knowledge by programming the G1000 on your own! The simulated graphical environment helps you to perform various tasks to learn the device quickly and easily.
The course contains the following modules:
- System Overview
- Power-up and Self Test
- Introduction to the G1000
- Primary Flight Display (PFD) and Soft Keys
- Transponder Operation
- Audio Panel
- Automatic Flight control System (AFCS)
- PFD/Multifunction Display (MFD) Control Unit
- MFD Pages and Page Groups
- Situational Awareness
- Hazard Avoidance
- Flight Planning
- Emergency/Abnormal Operations
- Final Scenario (put all your training to work here!)
Features and Benefits
- Learning the G1000 online will save you the money typically spent on aircraft rental fees and Hobbs time so you can use it for actually flying!
- Interactive, engaging, “hands on” course
- Developed by experienced pilots, flight instructors and Garmin experts
- Available anytime and anywhere via the internet
- Addresses features such as the Garmin autopilot (GFC 700), TAWS, WAAS, FliteCharts, XM Weather and more
- Three-stage approach to training:
- Demo – allows you to go through the specific task for the first time and gain an understanding of its use.
- Try It – allows you to perform the tasks on your own, at which time the system will offer feedback as to whether or not the steps are being followed correctly.
- Evaluate – presents you with a similar task that needs to be completed successfully before proceeding to the next module.
- Resource documents available for download
- Course provides extra features such as search engine, glossary, bookmarks, notepad and more
- Obtain a FlightSafety Certificate of Completion
- Price: $275 USD/person
- Target Audience: Pilots
- Duration: 11-13 hours
- Delivery: 100% web-delivered and self-paced
- Credit: Once you have completed the course and successfully passed the test, you are awarded a FlightSafety International certificate of completion.
- System Requirements
- PC minimum requirements:
- CPU: PIII 850 MHz+, RAM: 256 MB RAM+, Operating System: Windows 2000+, Broadband internet connection, Graphics: 1024X768 resolution, high colour, sound: Sound card with speakers or headset, Adobe Flash 9.0+, Sun Java 1.5+, Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0+ or Firefox 2+
- MAC minimum requirements:
- Operating System: OS X, Browser: Firefox 2+, Adobe Flash 9.0+, sun Java 1.5+
Ready To Sign Up?
Please note that this program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.