Special Events for Women

Empowering Women to Fly!

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 one hundred and fifty one (151) women took flight at the BFC!  Thank you to all of the volunteers and staff who made it possible.

wIMG_4339

There were many smiling faces and we received some wonderful feedback. Here are a few examples:

Subject: Thank you!!!

To: [email protected]

Hello Veronica,

I just wanted to send a very big THANK YOU for everything you and everyone at the airport did!!!! We are so grateful and truly appreciate all the time, help, money, planes, instructors/pilots,  and organizing everyone gave for this opportunity for all our girls and so many others! A special thank you for being so patient and letting us register some of the girls later and especially the friendliness, and all the time and energy spent into putting todays event on! Our camp girls and families, my piano students and family  all send a huge THANK YOU for Everything!!! Everyone left with huge smiles on their  faces, we have a few definitely interested in flying when they are older, and even cured more than one of the fear of flying!!!!Thank you for helping promote International Women’s day and  Women in Aviation-  it was an amazing experience for everyone! Thank you!!!! We also wanted to send a special thank you to you, Veronica- THANK YOU so much for everything!!!

Candace  🙂

Subject: Re: BFC Empowering More Women to Fly! March 13, 2016

To: [email protected]

Hi Veronica,

It was my pleasure to meet you in person last Sunday. I’m really thankful for my first flight in Canada. That was amazing and Graeme is very professional, strong and kind person. The wind was so strong on March 13 but we even didn’t feel it, I mean the flight was very comfortable! Also I’d like to find some information about available courses for woman if you have something special. Have a wonderful week and take care.

Maryna  🙂

” Just wanna mention it was awesome experience for me.”

Jasmeen  🙂

“I came across the Brampton Flight Clubs “Women in Aviation Fly It Forward Challenge” on Facebook and although I am only seeing the article at 5:30 pm and have missed the opportunity to take flight, I want to give thanks to you for all of the women and children who were able to make it out today and have a chance to fly. What a wonderful initiative to create a gender balance and encourage females to explore flight as a career or hobby. As a young female working in a feminist organization to support women and children who have experienced violence and a supporter of empowering women to push the boundaries, I just wanted to thank you for all your effort in making this day possible and whatever behind the scenes effort it took to make the vision a reality. Keep on doing what your doing. You have inspired me and many others! Thank you for that.”

Janet from Orangeville, Ontario  🙂

Great Experience! https://travelsfromcanada.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/ok-ladies-now-lets-get-in-flight-status/

It is widely recognized that female pilots only comprise about 6% of all Commercial Pilots. For this reason, the Brampton Flight Centre will participate annually in the Women in Aviation Fly it Forward Challenge, providing free first flight experiences to females. Our goal is to encourage girls and women to consider aviation as a hobby or a career and improve gender balance in the industry.

In the Women of Aviation FLY IT FORWARD CHALLENGE 2015 the Brampton Flight Centre was awarded First Runner Up for the Most Female Pilot Friendly Training Centre Worldwide.

Women of Aviation Worldwide Week upcoming dates:

• March 6-12, 2017
  • March 5-11, 2018
  • March 4-10, 2019

Thank you to Gus from www.gusair.com for taking amazing photos that day!