- This event has passed.
Flying to USA Seminar
February 9, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
10:00 to 15:00 (One Hr. Break for Lunch)
This seminar will interest pilots who are interested in a trip to the USA but would like some instruction or helpful hints on how to do it. It’s also a great opportunity to meet others who might want to team up to fly south.
The Seminar will be presented by BFC Flight Instructor Farhan Khan. Allan Paige, President of the Brampton Flying Club, will be available for a period of time to talk about his many years of experience flying to Oshkosh and flying to Sun ‘n Fun.
The following topics will be covered.
- Current passport/nexus requirements and where to find them
- How to order a decal for entry into US
- How to file an eAPIS request
- How to file a Canadian flight plan
- How to file a US flight plan
- How to open a US flight plan
- How to use US navigation charts and references
- Where to order/purchase US navigation charts and references
- What to expect when clearing customs
- Difference between Canadian/US airspace/air law/procedures
- Navigational Aids and Special Procedures at Osh Kosh
- Flight Planning CNC3 to Oshkosh
For more information Contact Nick Faber , Chief Groundschool Instructor or Seminar Instructor, Farhan Khan
To Sign Up for the Seminar Contact Front Desk Dispatchers at 905-838-1400 ext. 0. FREE to BFC Members. Non-Members $50.00.