- This event has passed.
Youth Flight Camp
August 14, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 18, 2017 @ 8:00 am
- Aug. 14-18 (one week)
- Ages 13-16
- Max. 16 children
The Youth Flight Camp at Brampton Flight Centre is structured to introduce the students to the exciting world of aviation. Our program has been tailored to meet the interests of the students at an age appropriate level and to introduce the many facets of this wonderful industry from general to commercial aviation. This includes actual flight training with certified instructors and other various activities combining fun and adventure around the Brampton airport!
The Brampton Flying Club has proudly served the local community for 70 years. Through the Kids and Youth Flight Camps, we hope to foster a stronger connection with the surrounding area, and to introduce a new generation to the wonderful world of aviation. Our program has been tailored to engage students at a level appropriate to their age, and to bring them all the challenge and excitement that flying has to offer.
My interest in aviation was captured at a young age, and that fascination has guided me into what has so far been an exciting and fulfilling career. It is that sense of wonder and adventure that I hope to pass along to the kids and teens at this year’s camps.
Brampton Flight Centre’s friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff of Flight Instructors, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, and Administrators will bring their experience and enthusiasm to this summer’s Flight Camps. Our clubhouse is always open to the public, and we’d be happy to give you a tour of our classrooms, maintenance facilities, restaurant, and airport grounds any time you would like!
This summer, we have the Youth Flight Camp open to ages 11 to 16 and runs the last week in August. This information kit contains the forms you will need to get registered in a Flight Camp program. Enrollment is limited to 16 aviators for the week. Applications will be received on a first come first serve basis. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Youth Flight Camp Outline
This unique five day camp program will introduce youth, ages 11 – 16 to the wonderful world of flight. This includes flight theory, airmanship, aircraft systems and industry careers. Camps run from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.
Introduction to Ground School
- Theory of Flight (how the airplane flies)
- Engines and Airframes (how the airplane is built)
- Radio Theory (how we talk to people in airplanes)
- Meteorology (weather)
Preparatory Ground Instruction and In-Flight Lessons
- Attitudes and movements
- Straight and level flight
- Climbs and descents
- Takeoffs and landings
- Radio procedures
- Introduction to Navigation
Flight Training Totals
- Approx. 10 hours of ground school
- 1 hour of simulator time including a flight in our brand new full motion Red Bird Simulator, 5 flight hours of which approx 2.0 hours in the front seat
- Brampton airport clubhouse, ramp and maintenance hangars
- WW I Great War Flying Museum
- Recreational Aircraft Association of Canada (RAA)
- Hamilton Aviation Museum(weather dependant)
- Air Combat Zone
- Ground crew signals
- Aviation art
- Model airplanes
- Aviation related scientific experiments
- Aviation movie and slide show
- Aviation history in Canada
- Paper plane contest