The Garmin aera 510 Touch-Screen GPS features a crisp 4.3” widescreen, detailed topography with built-in terrain and obstacles alerting, plus IFR map mode with airways, and is XM Weather-ready. In the car, the aera 500 offers the ease and simplicity of the Garmin nuvi® automotive navigators, including audio turn-by-turn directions.
Please Note: This unit comes with a ‘World’ basemap (ground). You can use your Free Update to make your Americas Airspace current or to change your airspace to the Atlantic or Pacific Region!
Stepping up in capability, the aera 510 adds support for NEXRAD imaging and other great XM WX™ satellite weather capabilities. It also comes with detailed terrain mapping, Garmin’s patented Panel page, preloaded street maps and touchscreen control.
This GPS no longer comes with an XM Antenna. The lower price reflects this change. The aera 510 is XM-weather ready but to use SiriusXM services you will need to purchase the optional GXM42 SiriusXM Receiver.
Aviation Features and Specifications:
- Easy-to-use touchscreen interface
- Bright 4.3” diagonal, color touchscreen display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT display with white backlight
- XM weather and audio capability(subscription extra)
- Lithium-ion battery: lasts up to five hours, depending on usage and settings
- Flight Plans: 50 with up to 300 points each
- Flight log: At least 30 most recent flights
- Auto time zone – aera will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS position accuracy for improved performance and reception
- Simplified PC connectivity, using USB for easy data base updates
- Unit dimensions – 5.3”W x 3.3”H x 0.9”D
- Weight – 9.5 oz (270g)
- Rugged and waterproof (IPX-7)
- Interface with SL30 and SL40 for frequency tuning
- GTX 330 interface capability for TIS traffic
SiriusXM Weather/GXM 42 Weather Receiver
The GXM 42 portable SiriusXM Aviation weather receiver – when paired with an aera 510 allows pilots to access new weather services made available by SiriusXM‘s enhanced satellite network. The updated SiriusXM Aviation service gives pilots access to comprehensive weather products as they become available, allowing operators to make educated decisions in-flight as it relates to weather.
The GXM 42 is the latest addition to Garmin’s weather antenna receivers to offer state-of-the-art SiriusXM Aviation information. SiriusXM is offering a new lineup of packages and products within those packages. As an example, the Pilot Express base package offers lightning, cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-ground activity, graphical winds aloft, temperatures aloft, AIRMETS, and SIGMETS. Additionally, there are new lower price activation fees as well as discounts for customers that prepay for an entire year or more of service.
Similar to earlier generation antennas, the GXM 42 offers important weather products such as radar, aviation routine weather reports (METARs), terminal aerodrome forecasts (TAFs), temporary flight restrictions (TFRs), lightning, turbulence forecasts, and more. Data subscriptions and coverage area information are available from SiriusXM.
- Preloaded street maps: North America (Mexico not included)
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance – “Turn right on Main Street”
- Bluetooth wireless technology – enabling hands-free calling
- Micro-SD™ card slot for optional mapping and data storage
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
- Garmin Connect™ Photos – associate your favorite images with saved locations and visit ‘Garmin Connect’ to download new images with included coordinates
- Garnin aera 510 Portable Aviation GPS
- Yoke mount
- Automotive friction mount
- Vehicle power cable
- Removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- A/C adapter
- USB cable
- Pilot’s guide
- Quick start manuals