Statement of Commitment to Accessibility
The Brampton Flying Club is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. The Brampton Flying Club provides educational and training resources, student records and program information in an accessible format upon request.
Our organization has made a commitment to accessibility for everyone who uses our services because this makes good business sense, and it is also a legal obligation. Our organization The Brampton Flying Club has an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance with accessibility legislation by incorporating policies, procedures, training for employees, and best practices. We will review these policies and practices on a regular basis. Our commitment to making our organization accessible to everyone includes the integration of accessibility legislation with our policies, procedures, programs, and training. We are committed to reviewing and incorporating the following information with our employees:
- Legislation regarding the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- Integrated Accessibility Standards for Information and Communications, Employment, and Transportation.
- Accessible employment practices such as recruitment, assessment, and selection.
- Developing emergency response plans and individual workplace accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
- Customer service standards.
- Accessible communication supports and information formats (both digital and non-digital).
- Communicating with people with various forms of disabilities.
- Accessible websites and web content.
- Assistive devices, mobility aids, service animals and support persons.
- Transportation vehicles and equipment requirements.
- Notices of service disruptions (temporary or long-term).
- The Brampton Flying Club’s relevant policies and procedures regarding accessibility.
- Reporting procedures.
- Training procedures.
The Brampton Flying Club realizes that providing accessible and barrier-free environments for everyone is a shared effort. As a community, all businesses and services must work together to make accessibility happen. For more detailed information on our accessibility policies, plans, and training programs, please contact Airport Administration.
Brampton Flying Club