The CANPASS – Private Aircraft program allows CANPASS card holders on private aircraft to clear customs and immigration quickly and securely at participating ports of entry.
Delivered by: Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be citizens or permanent residents of Canada, or citizens or resident aliens of the United States
- have resided in Canada or the United States or a combination of both countries for the last three consecutive years
- have no criminal record (or have been granted a pardon)
- have had no customs seizures within the past five years
- have no violations of customs or immigration legislation
- be admissible to Canada under immigration laws
- other criteria may apply
- Completed application forms must be submitted to a customs processing centre and must include the non-refundable fee and photocopies of proof of citizenship or proof of legal residence.
- There is a $40 fee for each applicant 18 years of age or older.
- General Inquiries: 1 888 CANPASS (1 888 226-7277) (Reporting of arrival)
- General Inquiries: 1 800 461-9999 (Border Information Services)
- TTY: 1 800 665-0354
- The pilot must call CANPASS at least two hours before, but not more than 48 hours, prior to arrival in Canada and provide details on the trip, all travellers and the aircraft.
- CANPASS permits are valid for five years and are not transferable.
- All travellers aboard the aircraft, including the crew, have to be CANPASS program members.
- The aircraft cannot carry more than 15 people.
Please follow the link for the Application Form