IATPL Program Admission Qualifications
IATPL Admission Qualifications
To be admitted to our IATPL Program candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age at the start of the program and 18 by completion of the program (as per Transport Canada and Private Career College regulations)
- Have achieved a minimum education standard of high school graduation – equivalent to Canada’s high school standards. High school graduates must have a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 math course and a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 physics course
- Have successfully qualified for a Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Have completed a minimum of 0.5 hours flight training and a maximum of PPL. Please contact [email protected] to schedule.
- IELTS academic score of 7 or higher for International students
- International applications close 3 months before the start of the program due to Immigration delays
There are three steps involved in the admission process:
1) Initial email application (scroll down)
2) Information package submission. Please email submission to [email protected]
- Photocopy of your Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/came-meac/l.aspx (photocopy required however in order to arrange your interview, verbal confirmation will suffice)
- Transcripts from current or past educational institutions
- International applicants that apply that have not completed schooling in Canada or the United States will need to obtain a credential evaluation from World Education Services.
- High school graduates must have a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 math course and a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 physics course
- Two current (2021/2022) letters of reference (preferably from present or former teachers/employers or flight instructors)
- Current resume
- A 2-3 page narrative outlining your career plans in the field of aviation (include your thoughts on types of flying that may interest you, companies you might work for, location(s), career progress over time, probable salary levels, etc)
- Copies of acquired aviation related certificates and/or licences (if applicable)
- A copy of the latest entries in your pilot logbook (if applicable)
- Evidence of at least 0.5 hours of flight training (Intro Flight meets this requirement) Please contact [email protected] to schedule.
- A copy of the IELTS (Academic) score of 7 in each band or higher for International students
- All items are to be submitted in English
3) Interview and quiz with Brampton Flight College staff following submission of your application package, should all seats be filled applicants will be notified.
If you wish to obtain further information please contact our Campus Administrator at 905-838-1400 ext. 248 or by emailing [email protected]
The Brampton Flight Centre’s International Admissions are TEMPORARILY CLOSED to all International Students.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept new international students at this time due to COVID restrictions and protocols. We are hoping that we will be provided the opportunity to accept international students again when we are safely able to reduce some of the COVID restrictions as they pertain to international students.
We will update our website as soon as we are allowed to accept students again.
Integrated Airline Transport Pilot Licence Application Form
The next intake will be Tuesday July 5, 2022 and applicants may apply and submit the admissions package between January 1, 2022 and March 15, 2022. All applicants will be advised during the week of April 25-29, 2022 the outcome of their interview.
*Should you have prior flight training experience, Brampton Flight College will consider credits for flight time assuming currency and applicability to the Program. Be sure to include a copy of your latest logbook pages with your application if you have flying experience.