IATPL Program Cost Information
Program Cost Information
The cost of the Program is approximately $84,000 plus HST assuming a student begins without prior flying experience. This cost, which includes tuition, instructional materials, dual and solo flying costs, examination fees, and taxes will vary modestly depending on aircraft fuel costs and on flying hours required by a student to complete each of the training segments. Students pay tuition fees in four equal installments and flying expenses after each flight.
Please note that the Program costs are tax deductible – you may qualify for a tax credit of up to 20% of your Program expenses (to be calculated on future earnings or can be transferrable to one designated individual.
Should you have prior flight training experience, Brampton Flight College will consider credits for flight time assuming currency and applicability to the Program. Be sure to include a copy of your latest logbook pages with your application if you have flying experience.
To be admitted to our IATPL Program candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age at the start of the program and 18 by completion of the program (as per Transport Canada regulations)
- Have achieved a minimum education standard of high school graduation (Note: admission preference is given to applicants who have completed university or college level high school courses)
- Have successfully qualified for a Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Have completed a minimum of 0.5 hours flight training and a maximum of PPL and Night Rating
- English Aviation Language Proficiency at a level to meet Transport Canada standards
There are three steps involved in the admission process:
1) Initial email application (scroll down)
2) Information package submission. Please email submission to [email protected]
- Photocopy of your Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/came-meac/l.aspx (photocopy required however in order to arrange your interview, verbal confirmation will suffice)
- Transcripts from current or past educational institutions
- Two current (2018/2019) letters of reference (preferably from present or former teachers/professors or employers)
- Current resume
- A 2-3 page narrative outlining your career plans in the field of aviation (include your thoughts on types of flying that may interest you, companies you might work for, location(s), career progress over time, probable salary levels, etc)
- Copies of acquired aviation related certificates and/or licences (if applicable)
- A copy of the latest entries in your pilot logbook (if applicable)
- Evidence of at least 0.5 hours of flight training (Intro Flight meets this requirement)
3) Interview and quiz with Brampton Flight College staff following submission of your application package, should all seats be filled applicants will be notified.
* September 4, 2018 is now full, our next intake will be September 2019.
If you wish to obtain further information please contact our Campus Administrator Kathy Stewart at 905-8381400 ext. 248 or by emailing [email protected]