Transfer Students (Canadian Flight Schools)

Transferring Flight School Process

Are you interested in transferring flight schools or will be transferring soon (transferring from one Canadian flight school to Brampton Flight Centre)? This step-by-step process will guide you in order to make this process as smooth and easy as possible. Please note that the process will differ depending on whether you are applying as a Domestic transfer or as an International student transfer.

How Canadian Citizens Can Transfer Schools: Process & Requirements

If you are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residence of Canada and you wish to transfer from your current flight school to Brampton Flight Centre (BFC), you will first need to register as an associate. Steps and contact information are provided below:

1. Register as an Associate

In order to gain access to our online booking system and to start training at BFC, you will need to register as an associate. In order to register as a member, you can do this in person at our flight centre. You will need to complete an application form and provide original ID, your valid passport (or another government approved photo ID). The initial associate fee is $210 plus tax and is valid for one year.

2. Choosing a Flight Instructor

You can email one of our available instructors based on their bio description. Please visit our Meet Our Instructors page. Please note not all instructors are taking students on at this time. You can fill out the Flight Instructor Assignment Form under the Meet Our Instructors page (above link). If you require further assistance please reach out to Rita [email protected] for assistance.

3. Making Reservations

You will be sent an email from Wingman Reservations which will provide you access to making your flight reservations. For additional insight about how the system works, please visit our info sheet.

4. Ground School Registration

Should you wish for PPL Ground School, please advise [email protected] when becoming an associate. Private Pilot Ground School is $399 plus tax. If you wish to register for the CPL or IFR ground school, you can check our website for latest details as to when the courses will run.

5. Logbook Certification at Previous Flight School

Before you transfer please make sure you have your logbook certified from the CFI/Authorized Delegate from your previous school. This will help when it comes to licence sign off. You will also need to make sure that every page that has an entry in your PTR has been signed.

How International Citizens Can Transfer Schools: Process & Requirements INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED

If you are an International Student that is currently residing in Canada please note that Admissions is CLOSED.

International Student Expectation Documents and Associate Registration INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED

For more information or questions, please feel free to contact our Flight Training Administrator at [email protected] or by calling 905-838-1400 ext. 228 between Monday-Friday 08:00am – 16:00pm.

Location & Directions

Click to open a larger map

The Brampton-Caledon Airport is close to Toronto, allowing easy access to all of Canada’s 400 series highways.