Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) Self-Paced
A minimum of 200 hours of flight training must be obtained, of which at least
- 35 hours must be dual after obtaining your Private Pilot Licence (PPL). Included in this:
- 5 hours must be dual night of which a minimum of 2 must be cross-country.
- You will also need to accumulate 5 hours more X-country time and
- At least 20 hours instrument post PPL (maximum of 10 hours can be done in the simulator). You will also require 30 hours solo after obtaining your PPL.
- 25 hours solo flight time
- 5 hours solo at night and
- a 300 NM solo cross-country
- For the 300 NM cross country, the distance must be straight line, and a minimum of 3 airports other than the departure airport (CNC3) must be reached.
- Furthermore, a minimum of 100 hours of your total time must be as Pilot-in-Command (including PPL).
NOTE: you must have your Private Pilot Licence before you can start your flight training for your Commercial Pilot Licence. For this reason, the time taken to acquire your Private Licence does count towards the 200 total flight hours for the Commercial Licence.
Ground School & Examinations
A minimum of 80 hours of ground school is necessary for the Commercial Pilot Licence. Topics that are to be covered include Air Law, Navigation, Meteorology, and Aeronautics – General Knowledge. Please feel free to refer to our online Calendar for Ground School dates. This time will aid you in preparing for and passing the Transport Canada Written Exam. A flight test must also be completed by an approved Transport Canada Inspector or a Pilot Examiner.
Private Pilot Licence Ground School
Most up to date details can be found at www.bramptonflightcentre.com/events
2023 Start Dates:
- Thursday April 6, 2023
- Saturday May 18, 2023
- Tuesday June 6, 2023
- Wednesday June 28, 2023
Commercial Pilot Licence Ground School
- NEW GROUND SCHOOL BEING OFFERED:
- CPL Ground School be offered commencing 2023 Fall Time – stay tuned for more details (Monday and Wednesday from 19:00 – 22:00).
- CPL Ground School schedule (denoted in purple highlights)
- CPL Recommended Readings
- Can register now by emailing [email protected]
- Generally hold CPL Ground School twice a year but may vary depending on demand.
- Generally offer one accelerated course a year during the week.
- For future dates or to indicate future interest please email Julie Marzoli at [email protected]
Benefits of Doing Ground School with BFC
– Active members are able to attend classes as many times as needed on any day, without additional cost as long as they have proof of purchase (receipt may be required) and have active membership.
– Help with meeting tax credits of 12 hours of minimum training per month. Students must meet 12 hours of training per month in order to be eligible for a tax receipt for that given month. Ground school taken at another institute will not be taken into account for purposes of these calculations.
-Will be given access to practice exams to help prepare you for the Transport Canada written exam. Recommend letters will only be issued by BFC instructors once you met the necessary passing requirements and only IF you have attended ground school provided by the Brampton Flight Centre.
Requirements and Privileges
The holder of a Commercial Pilot Licence must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid Category I medical. This will include completing an electrocardiogram (ECG). As a Commercial Pilot Licence holder, you will be legally able to work as a pilot, and as such you will be able to fly multiple passengers even outside of Canada. If you choose you will have the option to obtain additional ratings.
Quote for Commercial Pilot Programs
For more details about cost of the self-paced Commercial Programs, please visit HERE