Flight Instructor Assignment Guideline & Process Forms & What The Differences Are
PRIORITY LIST vs RESERVE LIST – Which list is the right one for you? Read carefully the guideline and process of each List.
Depending on your circumstance and if you meet the listed requirements, you can proceed in filling out the form and submit it to Flight Training Administration Office. If you are unsure, it is best that you do not fill in the form, send us an email for further guidance at [email protected]
Regardless of your situation, you must be a registered associate with the Brampton Flight Centre. You can register to become an associate at the Front Desk during our operational hours. We request that you use a valid passport for the photo ID required. If you do not have a Canadian passport, then you will need to pass the Aviation Language Proficiency Demonstration (ALPD). Please submit your ALPD results to our Flight Training Office [email protected]
PRIORITY LIST REQUIREMENTS & WHO GOES ON THIS LIST
Due to the ongoing high demand for flight training, we will be assigning students requiring instructors for anything other than a checkout on type using this Priority List. The Priority List ensures that those who have completed the necessary steps are prioritized for assigning an instructor. Our intention is to ensure that the demand for airplanes and instructors does not exceed our capacity.
If you are PPL Flight Test Ready, starting CPL, IFR, Multi-Engine, Instructor Rating etc. proceed to the form here:
Student Priority List
Use this form if you are a registered member and ready to start your Commercial Pilot Licence, Flight Instructor Rating, IFR, Multi-Engine, PPL Flight Test Ready
RESERVE LIST REQUIREMENTS & WHO GOES ON THIS LIST
Due to the ongoing high demand for flight training, we will be assigning students requiring instructors for anything other than a checkout on type using a Reserve List. The Reserve List ensures that those who have completed the necessary steps are prioritized for assigning an instructor. Our intention is to ensure that the demand for airplanes and instructors does not exceed our capacity.
If you are unlicenced and starting on your PPL or RPP training, proceed to the bottom of the page for the form
***We will not move you to the Reserve List until you have completed the steps below and you have provided proof. Be sure that when you receive your original ROC-A and Medical that you SIGN them. We require SIGNED certificates.
1. FIRST STEP – Book your Aviation Medical. Click here Aviation Medical for a list of Transport Canada Approved Examiners. You will need a Category 3 medical for your Private Pilot Licence training or a Category 1 for your Commercial Pilot Licence. Please note that you must have your Canadian Medical Certificate, in your possession before we can add you to the Reserve List.
2. Purchase an ePTR, this will document your flight training in an electronic Pilot Training Record.
3. Register for PPL Ground School.
4. Attend a minimum of the first 6 classes of the PPL ground school classes
5. Pass the Radio Licence (ROC-A) exam – can be done at your convenience. Pass: 70% or higher on Multiple Choice section AND 70% or higher on Short Answers. Radio Study Guide The Radio Licence is valid for life and is required before we can add you to the Priority List.
6. Pass PSTAR exam (pre-solo multiple choice exam). PSTAR Study Guide Pass: 90% or higher on multiple choice exam. You will have to pass the PSTAR before we can add you to the Priority List
Student Reserve List
Use this form if you are unlicenced and starting on your PPL or RPP training.
It is highly recommended that you have one primary instructor for your training. Having a consistent instructor will help the flight instructor to monitor your progress. However, in some circumstances you may have to book a secondary instructor. Your primary instructor will recommend a secondary instructor that you can book in case they become ill or book vacation time.
We recognize that sometimes schedule or personality conflicts may arise. If this becomes an issue, please feel free to choose to fly with someone else. However, please remember to communicate this with your former/original flight instructor. If you do not feel comfortable telling them yourself, you can contact us for further assistance, The Flight Training Office via email at [email protected]
Once again, thank you for your patience as we are initiating a fair system that helps to meet the needs of our existing and upcoming customers. We are trying our very best to expedite the on-boarding process while staying true to our commitment to serve our customers well.