Application Form and Procedure
International Admissions: Self- Paced
The Brampton Flight Centre’s International Admissions are TEMPORARILY CLOSED to all International Students.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept new international students at this time due to COVID restrictions and protocols. We are hoping that we will be provided the opportunity to accept international students again when we are safely able to reduce some of the COVID restrictions that are currently as they pertain to international students.
We will update our website as soon as we are allowed to accept students again. If you wish to be notified by email when we reopen, please fill out a quick interest form here.
For future consideration as to our application process for prospective international students, please see below for the list of requirements that we have previously required.
Brampton Flight Centre Admission Process
The Study permit application process time can vary by country, so you should start the application process well in advance of your intended start date. Typically the study permit application process can take a few weeks and up to 3 months after submitting the documentation. More delays can result if there are errors or missing documents and fees.
REGISTRATION TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. To apply you must:
- Pay our Application Fee, before completing the Application Form. You will need to enter the Order # (receipt number that you receive from paying our online application form) in order to complete the Application Form.
** The application fee is non-refundable. Ensure that you meet our qualifications and have meet all the requirements below prior to paying **
- Fill out the Admissions form and upload the required documents including:
- Provide a scanned copy of your valid Passport
- Valid Canadian CAT 1 Medical
- Must be completed by a Canadian Aviation Medical Examiner (CAME)
- Must be a Category 1 medical
- Click to find an examiner in a country outside of Canada
- Provide an IELTS score or ALPD (Medical required in advance) . Click to find an exam location https://www.ielts.org/en-us/
- Score of academic 7.0 minimum
- Resume including:
- Work and Education history
- 2 references
- Statement of purpose
- 1 to 2 page essay that should include:
- Why you chose aviation as a profession
- Why you wish to study in Canada
- Goals you hope to achieve at Brampton Flight Centre
- Steps to achieve those goal (i.e. what is required in your training)
- Career plans after graduation
- 1 to 2 page essay that should include:
- Proof of holding a driver’s licence
- Sign and agree to the International Students Obligations document
- Scan of the last page of your logbook (if applicable)
3. If accepted, you will be provided with details on how to send a wire transfer of $1,800 CDN ($300 processing fee to send acceptance letter by courier and $1,500 deposit will remain as a credit on account).
- The deposit is placed in trust on the student’s account for the purpose of flight training expenses only. You will be issued a receipt showing your name and the amount of credit on your account.
- If you do not receive the Study Permit, we will need a copy of your refusal letter; the $1500 deposit will be refunded to you immediately. This procedure is standard practice by flight schools in Canada, and as an Air Transport Association of Canada approved flight school we are mandated to follow their policies and guidelines for International students.
4. Apply for study permit and visa.
- As an international student, you will need to obtain a Canadian Study Permit (student visa) to do your flight training in Canada. Please refer to the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship website for more information on applying for Canadian Study Permits, including links for all of the necessary forms.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age, and provide proof to the Canadian Embassy in their country that they have sufficient funds for the program requested.
- You will be required to submit the acceptance letter with your Canadian Study Permit application form to the Canadian Embassy in your country. Please contact the Canadian Embassy in your country for other requirements regarding the Canadian Study Permit process. Please apply to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate closest to you.
- We recommend that your start date must be at least three months away, because some countries take up to three months to process a study permit.
Student Training Program Options
As the Program is for career pilots, we do not accept international students for PPL only. All international students must attend the school with the intentions of completing the CPL or to obtain ratings to add to their current CPL.
A quick glimpse at the programs we offer can be found after the application form.
Once we reopen the application process, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our Flight Training Office.
Commercial Pilot Programs
Self-Paced: The self-paced program is only for flight training and does not provide a College diploma upon graduation.
Course lengths in the Self- Paced program vary depending on training required but typically students will complete their Private Pilot Licence and Commercial Pilot Licence within two years.
Program start dates for Self-Paced start every month for Private Pilot Licence. Those interested in converting their licence can also start at any time once valid study permit has been obtained.
College or IATPL program: If you are interested in the College or IATPL program, you will have to first apply for the College/IATPL program and if you are accepted, we will then guide you through the international study permit application process. Please keep in mind that you will have to apply in January or February.
Click for more information on our College program
Click for more information on our IATPL program
*Application for International students that are interested in College/IATPL program must go through College/IATPL application and be accepted, before proceeding with study permit process. Please note that the application period for the College/IATPL program is from January to March 15 of each year. Program for College/IATPL starts in July.