Application Form and Procedure
International Admissions: Self-Paced Commercial Program
The Brampton Flight Centre’s International Admissions IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Brampton Flight Centre Admission Process
We will not be accepting further applications for international students that need to travel from abroad.
If you are an international student that has already received an acceptance letter from our Flight Training Administrator, that acceptance will be honoured
The Study permit application process time can vary by country, so you should start the application process well in advance of your intended start date. Typically the study permit application process can take a few weeks and up to 3 months after submitting the documentation to Immigration. More delays can result if there are errors or missing documents and fees.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. To apply you must:
- Pay our Application Fee, before completing the Application Form. You will need to enter the Order # (receipt number that you receive from paying our online application form) in order to complete the Application Form.
** The application fee is non-refundable. Ensure that you meet our qualifications and have meet all the requirements below prior to paying **
- Fill out the Application form and upload the required documents including:
- Provide a scanned copy of your valid Passport
- Valid Canadian CAT 1 Medical
- Must be completed by a Canadian Aviation Medical Examiner (CAME)
- Must be a Category 1 medical
- Click to find an examiner in a country outside of Canada
- Provide an IELTS score or ALPD (Medical required in advance) . Click to find an exam location https://www.ielts.org/en-us/
- IELTS Score of academic 7.0 minimum
- Proof of holding a driver’s licence
- Sign and agree to the International Student Expectations document
- Scan of the last page of your logbook (if applicable)
3. If accepted, you will be provided with details on how to send a wire transfer of $2,000 CDN ($500 application fee to send acceptance letter by courier and $1,500 deposit will remain as a credit on account).
- The deposit is placed in trust on the student’s account for the purpose of flight training expenses only. You will be issued a receipt showing your name and the amount of credit on your account.
- If you do not receive the Study Permit, we will need a copy of your refusal letter; the $1500 deposit minus a $100 administrative banking fee will be refunded to you. This procedure is standard practice by flight schools in Canada, and as an Air Transport Association of Canada approved flight school we are mandated to follow their policies and guidelines for International students.
4. Apply for study permit and visa
- As an international student, you will need to obtain a Canadian Study Permit (student visa) to do your flight training in Canada. Please refer to the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship website for more information on applying for Canadian Study Permits, including links for all of the necessary forms.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, and provide proof to the Canadian Embassy in their country that they have sufficient funds for the program requested.
- You will be required to submit the acceptance letter with your Canadian Study Permit application form to the Canadian Embassy in your country. Please contact the Canadian Embassy in your country for other requirements regarding the Canadian Study Permit process. Please apply to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate closest to you.
- We recommend that your start date be at least three months away, because some countries take up to three months to process a study permit.
- Study Permit Documents Needed
5. To check status of your application please visit here
Student Training Program Options
As the Program is for career pilots, we do not accept international students for PPL only. All international students must attend the school with the intentions of completing the CPL or to obtain ratings to add to their current CPL. Regardless of program chosen, you will be expected to attend your course on a Full-Time Basis.
A quick glimpse at the programs we offer can be found after the application form.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our Flight Training Office [email protected].
Commercial Pilot Programs
Self-Paced: The self-paced program is only for flight training and does not provide a College diploma upon graduation.
Course lengths in the Self- Paced program vary depending on training required but typically students will complete their Private Pilot Licence and Commercial Pilot Licence within two years.
Program start dates for Self-Paced start every month for Private Pilot Licence. Those interested in converting their licence can also start at any time once valid study permit has been obtained.
College or IATPL program: If you are interested in the College or IATPL program, you will have to first apply for the College/IATPL program and if you are accepted, we will then guide you through the international study permit application process. Please keep in mind that you will have to apply in January or February. Unfortunately unless you are residing in Canada it is too late to apply for the 2022 year.
Click for more information on our College program
Click for more information on our IATPL program
*Application for International students that are interested in College/IATPL program must go through College/IATPL application and be accepted, before proceeding with study permit process. Please note that the application period for the College/IATPL program is from January to March 15 of each year. Program for College/IATPL starts in July.