A minimum of 20 hours of flight training is required, 10 of which must be night flying, 5 must be dual including a minimum of 2 hours of cross country time. 5 hours must be solo; this must include a minimum of 10 take-offs and landings. The remaining 10 hours must be dual instrument training; a minimum of 5 hours can be completed in the simulator. 5 hours of this can be obtained through your PPL training. Once this is completed your instructor must state in your logbook “This is to certify that the skill requirement for Night rating has been met.” Despite the fact that there is no practical or written test, students must meet the necessary skill requirements. This will allow an already Private Licence Holder with a valid medical (Cat I or III) to legally fly at night.
Fly at Night!
|1)||Dual||10 Hours @ 257.00 (C-172P)||
|2)||Solo||5 Hours @ 179.00||
20 hours (minimum) total flight hours, which include:
5 Hours (minimum) dual night flight time, including 2 hours dual cross country
5 Hours (minimum) solo night flight time, with a minimum of 10 take-offs and landings
10 Hours (minimum) dual Instrument flight time (maximum of 5 hours can be done in Simulator and Instrument time from Private Pilot Licence maybe used)
- All taxes excluded.
- Prices are approximate and subject to change without notice – March 2022 Rates.
- Post Private training meets CPL Transport Canada minimums.
- The amount of flight training necessary fluctuates with each student.
- Portions of the Commercial Pilot course are income tax deductible, some restrictions apply. See website for more details.
- Yearly Associates Fee $185 plus $25 initiation fee (plus HST). Please note that memberships are non-refundable.
- Reference CARs 421.42
For more information please call the Flight Training Office at 905-838-1400 ext 228 or email [email protected]
Please note that this program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.