Admissions & Cost Information
Program Cost Information
The College Program is approximately $67,250.00 plus HST assuming a student begins without prior flying experience. For the cost breakdown, please scroll down. This cost, which includes tuition, instructional materials, dual and solo flying costs, examination fees, and taxes will vary modestly depending on aircraft fuel costs and on flying hours required by a student to complete each of the training segments. Students pay tuition fees in four equal installments (July, September, November and February) and flying expenses after each flight.
Should you have prior flight training experience, Brampton Flight College will consider credits for flight time assuming currency and applicability to the Program up to a maximum of 100 hours. Be sure to include a copy of your latest logbook pages with your application if you have flying experience.
To be admitted to the Brampton Flight College Program candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age at the start of the program and 18 by completion of the program (as per Transport Canada regulations)
- Have achieved a minimum education standard of high school graduation. High school graduates must have a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 math course and a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 physics course. (Note: admission preference is given to applicants who have completed university or college level high school courses).
- Have successfully qualified for a Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Have completed a minimum of 0.5 hours flight training and a maximum of PPL
There are three steps involved in the admission process:
1) Initial email application (scroll down)
2) Information package submission. Please email submission to [email protected]
- Photocopy of your Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/came-meac/l.aspx (photocopy required however in order to arrange your interview, verbal confirmation will suffice)
- Transcripts from current or past educational institutions,High school graduates must have a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 math course and a minimum of 1 university/college level grade 12 physics course.
- Two current letters of reference (2020/2021) (preferably from present or former teachers/professors or employers)
- Current resume
- A 2-3 page narrative outlining your career plans in the field of aviation (include your thoughts on types of flying that may interest you, companies you might work for, location(s), career progress over time, probable salary levels, etc)
- Copies of acquired aviation related certificates and/or licences (if applicable)
- A copy of the latest entries in your pilot logbook (if applicable)
- Evidence of at least 0.5 hours of flight training (Intro Flight meets this requirement)
- A copy of the IELTS (Academic) score of 7 in each band or higher for International students
- All items are to be submitted in English.
- For education completed outside of Canada please use www.WES.org.com for credential evaluations
- International applications close 3 months before the start of the program due to Immigration delays
3) Interview and quiz with Brampton Flight College staff following submission of your application package, should all seats be filled applicants will be notified.
For more information, please contact the Campus Administrator at Brampton Flight College:
Professional Program Admissions
Brampton Flight College
(905) 838-1400 Ext 248
The Brampton Flight Centre’s International Admissions are TEMPORARILY CLOSED to all International Students.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept new international students at this time due to COVID restrictions and protocols. We are hoping that we will be provided the opportunity to accept international students again when we are safely able to reduce some of the COVID restrictions that are currently as they pertain to international students.
We will update our website as soon as we are allowed to accept students again.
The next intake will be Tuesday July 6, 2021 and applicants may apply and submit the admissions package between January 1, 2021 and March 15, 2021. All applicants will be advised during the week of April 26-30, 2021 the outcome of their interview.