Learn to Fly
Have you been dreaming of becoming a pilot since you were little?
Is it your dream to fly up in the clouds?
We can help you achieve those dreams and goals. Learning to fly is a lot easier than people think. You don’t have to become a commercial or military pilot to fly. You can be part of general aviation. Today there are thousands of people, just like you, learning to fly. They come from all walks of life and have a variety of reasons for wanting to be a pilot. Some fly to expand business opportunities. Some are looking for an activity they can share with their family. Most fly for the fun of it.
Whatever your reason, there are just a few basic requirements you will have to meet in order to fly solo.
First of all you will need:
- to pass a basic aviation medical,
- you must be at least 16 years of age,
- and you must be able to speak and understand English.
Once you’ve made the decision, it’s time to being training. Pilot training consists of both ground school and flight courses, which will cover flight rules and regulations, flight planning, navigation, radio procedures and weather. In order to receive your licence, you must pass a written exam (rules and regulations) and then the fun part — the flying exam. You will be able to choose what skill level you want to master, from a Recreational Pilot Permit that will allow you to fly you and a friend to the cottage for a long weekend, up to a career as an airline pilot in the near future. The possibilities are endless.
Experience an introductory flight with no commitment to sign up. Start your flight training today!
If you are ready to make the commitment, the recommended steps are as follows:
- Complete Aviation Medical.
- Register as an associate. You will need to come in person and you will need to bring your valid passport. Cost $210 plus HST.
– We will also need a credit card to be left on file or for a credit of $300 to be left on your account after paying for the required fees.
-You are able to do this any time during our flight school hours. Generally we are open 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm however you may want to call to confirm times before you come 905-838-1400 ext 0.
- Ask for access to our online booking system. You can start flying as soon as you would like however most of our students prefer to do a couple of ground school classes prior to commencing their flying. How to select an instructor:
– You are welcome to reach out to them directly. Our instructors have email addresses and you can email them by directing it to their [email protected] For a list of our instructors please visit Meet Our Flight Instructors page.
– Please note that some of our instructors are fully booked so it is best that you confirm they are available to take on students. If you need further assistance getting set up with an instructor, please contact Rita at [email protected]
– Meeting Flight Instructors at ground school or around the flying club.
– It is recommended that you have one primary instructor and if you fly frequently, you may want to consider having a secondary instructor in the event that your primary instructor is not available. It is not recommended to have more than one secondary instructor.
- Pay for Private Pilot Ground School. $399 plus HST.
– Private Pilot Ground School is optional for Recreational Pilot Permit students however it is a Transport Canada requirement for the Private Pilot Licence students.
– It is highly recommended that you take the ground school in order however once you pay at Brampton Flight Centre you have the ability to repeat the ground school as many times as you like as long as you have original proof of purchase and as long as you have an active associate status with the Brampton Flight Centre.
– If you choose to take the ground school classes out of order, it is highly recommended that you take PPL #1 first as it gives some oversight as to what to expect and how to proceed. It is also highly recommended that you take Navigation and Meteorology classes in order as they are split up into 3 separate classes for each topic and therefore they build up onto each other. For example, it is not recommended that you take Nav #2 before you take Nav #1.
- Purchase ground school kit which includes the necessary books and materials that you will need for your training. We have various options available at our Pilot Shop. They are located onsite just beside our Restaurant. You may want to consider purchasing your own headset however we do offer rentals at the front desk for $5 per hour.
- Schedule flights at your convenience during daylight hours.
- Have fun!