Should you have prior flight training experience, Brampton Flight College will consider credits for flight time assuming currency and applicability to the Program up to a maximum of 100 hours. Be sure to include a copy of your latest logbook pages with your application if you have flying experience.
To be admitted to the Brampton Flight College Program candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age at the start of the program and 18 by completion of the program (as per Transport Canada and Private Career College regulations)
- Have achieved a minimum education standard of high school graduation – equivalent to Canadian high school standards (Note: admission preference is given to applicants who have completed university or college level high school courses)
- Have successfully qualified for a Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Have completed a minimum of 0.5 hours flight training and a maximum of PPL
- IELTS academic score of 7 or higher for International students
- International applications close 3 months before the start of the program due to Immigration delays
There are three steps involved in the admission process:
1) Initial email application (scroll down)
2) Information package submission. Please email submission to [email protected]
- Photocopy of your Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/came-meac/l.aspx (photocopy required however in order to arrange your interview, verbal confirmation will suffice)
- Transcripts from current or past educational institutions
- International applicants that apply that have not completed schooling in Canada or the United States will need to obtain a credential evaluation from World Education Services.
- Two letters of reference (preferably from present or former teachers/professors or employers)
- Current resume
- A 2-3 page narrative outlining your career plans in the field of aviation (include your thoughts on types of flying that may interest you, companies you might work for, location(s), career progress over time, probable salary levels, etc)
- Copies of acquired aviation related certificates and/or licences (if applicable)
- A copy of the latest entries in your pilot logbook (if applicable)
- Evidence of at least 0.5 hours of flight training (Intro Flight meets this requirement)
3) Interview and quiz with Brampton Flight College staff following submission of your application package, should all seats be filled applicants will be notified.
Upon confirmation by BFC of acceptance into the program, completion of a suggested minimum of 10 flight training hours prior to the start of classes (BFC can arrange this preparation flying for you).
For more information, please contact the Campus Administrator at Brampton Flight College:Syde
Professional Program Admissions
Brampton Flight College
(905) 838-1400 Ext 248
Please note we will reopen admissions on January 1, 2023 and the deadline to apply is March 31, 2023.
Please note that the Program costs are tax deductible – you may qualify for a tax credit of up to 20% of your Program expenses. For more details about cost of the program, please reach out to [email protected]