Why Select Brampton Flight Centre -College Program
Brampton is recognized as a world class flight training facility and is internationally respected as one of the top schools in Canada. Thousands of pilots have trained at the Brampton Flying Club since its inception in 1946.
- Training at Brampton Flight College is designed to prepare you for Charter and Commuter airline job opportunities.
- The full time Professional Pilot Diploma Program is focused and intense, enabling completion in 14 months.
- Our Professional Pilot Diploma Program is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
- College graduates Andy Midcalf (in 2007) and Francis Yannuzzi (in 2006) were back-to-back winners of the Webster Memorial Trophy competition as the best amateur pilots in Canada.
- Brampton has an excellent placement record with graduates flying for major airlines in Canada and internationally.
- It is our practice to offer the top graduates in each class (25%, maximum 3) jobs with Brampton Flight Centre as flight instructors.
- The College employs a Level 2 (Transport Canada rating) Frasca TruFlite Flight Training Device (FTD) with full visuals for flight simulator training and a Level 2 (Tranport Canada rating) full motion Red Bird Simulator.
- Brampton has 26 aircraft available for training, including Cessna 172’s and Piper Seminole and Piper Seneca used for College student training.
- College flight and ground school instruction is provided by dedicated instructors, primarily aviation college graduates, supported by active airline pilots for the Advanced Airline Training courses.
- “Glass” flight deck avionics ground school training is provided in part through a Garmin 1000 eLearning module supplied by Flight Safety International.
- Technical training is augmented with courses directed at career planning and “Getting That First Job”.
- Class tours provide perspectives with respect to industry operations and career opportunities.
- Should you have prior flight training experience, Brampton Flight College will consider credits for flight time assuming currency and applicability to the Program.
- Wireless Internet is available throughout the facility, including in the lecture hall and the restaurant.
- Instructors and aircraft are easily booked using our online reservation system.
- Brampton Flight Centre is Transport Canada approved for issuing pilot licences and ratings, pilot written exams and flight tests, employing three Transport Canada Pilot Examiners.
- Brampton Flight Centre is a respected member of the Air Transport Association of Canada (ATAC).
- Brampton Flight Centre owns its own airport that covers almost 240 acres – the airport is home to over 200 private and business aircraft.
- There is a restaurant at the airport, The Wings Flight Grille Restaurant, open from 8 am to 3 pm daily.
- We also have a pilot supply store at Brampton Flight Centre, Humphrey’s Pilot Shop, handling flight training equipment (such as headsets), ground school materials, clothing and gifts.
- Students are able to gather and relax in the members’ lounge where there is a a great view of the runways.
- Free Parking.
- Brampton airport is in an ideal location for residents in the Greater Toronto Area.
- During the Program students make many long-lasting friendships and retain many great memories!